Professor James ArvanitakisDean - Graduate Research School
Western Sydney University
9:10 AM JOINT PLENARY KEYNOTE SESSION : Designing An Holistic Experience to Become More Student-Centric
The higher education sector is having to adapt and transform with keep up with student demands, not just in curriculum, but the way it is delivered with digital and technology taking strong hold. With more competition within the sector, tertiary institutions are having to become a lot more ‘customer-centric’ and design their service around the student experience. That stretches from teaching and learning, to student support services. But how do you go about such a mammoth task and transformation?
- What difference is learning analytics making in being able to design a better student experience?
- Taking an holistic approach to the student lifecycle
- What needs to be done on a governance level to enable student-centric services
- What needs to happen from a student support services perspective to support the transformation in teaching and learning
- Where is the future of education headed and what can we expect from future student demands?